"You learn to persevere when you start every race a lap behind. You understand that attitude is all, and a good one is all that matters."
Calleigh is walking...we are beside ourselves with joy and excitement. She has proved to everyone that she can do it and I truly believe that she has known all along that she could and would do everything we never expected her to do. Here is the email that her PT, Dana, sent me today when she walked at therapy...
Cassie,
I hope little miss Calleigh showed you her skill she did for me today.... I am sure your mom told you all about it. Calleigh was walking up a storm in therapy! She saw some little boys playing with a puzzle (I guess she wanted it) and pranced her little self over to them! She took 10+ consecutive steps about 10 times in a row (in control) and she only stopped because she had reached her destination. I am telling you Cassie, that girl is so close to running around everywhere. She is just stubborn and wants to do it when she wants to do it. Where did she get that? Anyways, I just wanted to drop you a quick email and tell you how proud I am of her and I hope she showed off for you today when you got home from work. Go Cal! I can't wait to see her next week :-)
-- Dana
EXPECT. DON'T ACCEPT.

No comments:
Post a Comment