I finally convinced one of my oldest friends to travel to Texas to visit me this past weekend! Kara and her mom Annette, flew in on July 29 and stayed until this morning. It was the busiest week I have ever experienced and the most driving I have ever done, but it was so much fun!!! We started out in Austin when my mom and I picked them up. We went and had a nice lunch while we talked about everything (so typical of us!)! We drove back to Killeen and got up the next morning and took Cal to therapy. They were very impressed with how hard Calleigh works! After therapy we spent the afternoon in Austin shopping along Congress and then headed to the pink capital building...what history! On Thursday we went to the River Walk in San Antonio and while we were there we went through the Alamo. On our way home we stopped at the most insane outlet mall in San Marcos!! On Friday, all of Annette's dreams came true when we visited South Fork. The television show Dallas was filmed at South Fork Ranch. It really was a neat place to visit. Kara, Annette, my mom and I are determined for someone we know to have a destination wedding there....it would be so much fun!!!! Friday night we had a great Texas style dinner at Texas Land and Cattle in Killeen. Cameron got to flirt with his new girlfriend Kara and Cal got to hang out with her new BF Kara!!! On Saturday I took them back to the airport in Austin and that ended our whirlwind visit.
I was so happy that they came and so sad when they left. Kara and I have gone through a lot together and been friends for so long that it was nice to have her here to see where I live!! Love you girls!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment