Well as most of you know on August 11th, Chris went back to a regular ARMY unit on Ft. Hood. He is in 1st Cavalry, Bravo Company 1/15th BSB. He is so excited to be in the 1st Cav because his Dad fought in Vietnam with the 1st Cav....so it is something special they now share. Chris has been super busy with work, just as busy as when he was a recruiter, as a Platoon SSG. He is in charge of 87 soldiers and everything...I mean EVERYTHING... that entails! I can say that he is not very fond of his job but he is damn good at what he does! Tomorrow, he is leaving for a 30 day training called NTC (National Training Center) in California (the desert!). This is the first time we will be away from him in about 3 years....so talk about a shock to the system. He will be back around the first weekend in November and then the real preparation starts as he gets ready to leave for Iraq. He is slotted to leave between February 1st and the 15th. I am so glad he will be here for Caden's birth. I am also glad that Caden will not know him well because I am dreading how devastated Cam and Cal are going to be....Chris is ready though and so proud to be serving our beautiful country! And we are so PROUD of him!!! That is the Daddy Update for now...we will keep everyone posted!!
Thursday, October 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment