Today at school we had a visit from Fire Station 6. Our students had the opportunity to go downstairs to the parking lot and chat with firemen and paramedics, look inside of an ambulance and walk around the outside of the fire truck and ask lots of questions (and trust me...they had a lot!). When we walked out the door and I saw the ambulance and the fire engine with the great big six on it my heart skipped a beat. I wondered why for a second and then I realized why. One year ago today, Fire Station 6 saved our baby girls life. One year ago today, Calleigh had the two seizures that almost took her from us forever. Fire Station six responded to her call and took such tremendous care of her, that she is with us today and doing great. What a difference a year makes....last year on this day Calleigh was being life flighted to a hospital and today she talks up a storm, she signs, she walks with a walker and for the most part is very healthy. I never imagined that life would ever talk me in this direction. I never imagined how an ambulance and a fire truck could make me feel. I imagined that I would be posting this post, thanking God for being good and watching out for our child. Chris, Cameron and I almost lost part of our lives one year ago today and thanks to those men and women at fire station 6... we still have her!
Friday, October 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I got goose bumps reading that!
I am so happy that little Calleigh is healthy. I bet she and Cameron are getting excited for their baby brother to be there.
I too am glad to see our peanut continue to grow and defy the odds. God Bless all of you! =)
Post a Comment