Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy Anniversary Mommy and Daddy!

First of all...today is mine and Chris's eight year anniversary...Happy anni baby...I love you!!!

So in yesterdays post I told you that I was to be induced on 12/31 due to my blood pressure and my terrible headaches. Well, I laid around all day yesterday and I felt terrible. My BP went up quite a bit for not doing anything and I could barely keep my eyes open because it hurt my head. I called L&D and explained how I was feeling and they said to just come in to be monitored. Chris and I got to L&D around 6 pm last night and they monitored me and Caden and decided that since I was to be induced on the 31st anyway...they would just keep me and induce now. I was nervous and excited all at the same time!

I got into a room around 10 pm and by 11 pm the pitocin was up and running. I told the doc that once my water broke with Calleigh, she came within 2 hours. I was hoping that maybe he would break my water and that would be that. He said he would think about it but wanted me to be at least 4 cm before he broke my water (I was a 3 at this point). So every 30 minutes the nurse came in and upped my pitocin and I was having contractions, but nothing unbearable. Finally around 430 am, the doc came back in and said I had convinced him...so he broke my water. This is when the drama started.

Immediately the contractions started and with every contraction Caden's heart rate dropped...drastically. At first he was recovering ok, so the nurse just gave me oxygen and had me lay on my side, but then it got worse. He was decelerating greatly and not recovering at all. Finally they decided to put in internal monitors and that is when they found out that Cadens cord had prolapsed. A prolapsed cord comes out before the baby does...Caden was crushing his cord and cutting off all oxygen. At this point all hell had broken loose! They were preparing me for an emergency c-section. I could hear them saying, "call the OR, call anesthesia...tell them we are on our way." It was a crucial time and Caden was fading quickly. They literally ran me to the OR and that is where I left my husband and went into brave a c-section alone. They completely knocked me out for the procedure and Chris did not get to come into the room. It was so sad and scary, but Caden came through like a champ!!!


Caden Peter Morrow
December 30, 2008
0525
7lb 14oz
18 1/4 inches
PERFECT!!!



Chris got to see him shortly after he came out and I was kind of out of it for most of the day, but got to enjoy him later in the evening. He is such a perfect baby and I am so in love already! Cam and Cal love him too!! Cam loves to hold him already and Cal loves to kiss him!!! Hope she stays that way!! It was quite the experience and I am convinced Caden just had to make his presence known as the third child!!! Thanks to all of you who called to wish us well...we love you all! And thank you Caden for making this the most memorable Anniversary Mommy and Daddy will ever have!




No comments: