Sunday, June 08, 2008

Baby Update!

Well, as all of you probably know by now, Chris and I are expecting our third child! We are due January 4, 2009. It was very unexpected to show up pregnant, but we are really excited for the new one to arrive! We waited to tell Cameron until he was out of school and when we finally told him he was so excited and immediately said that it was a boy! Of course Cal will not realize what is truly going on until the baby arrives, but she likes to lift up my shirt and pat my belly...so I wonder if she understands??!! On Monday, June 16, I am having a procedure done called the CVS or Chorionic Villus Sampling. This is when a small piece of my placenta is removed and tested for chromosomal abnormalities. I am scared about the procedure for two reasons...1st, the miscarriage rate is 1/100 and 2nd, I keep asking myself what I would do if I had two children with disabilities?? God never gives you more than you can handle...so I am sure I will do fine! One exciting part of the CVS is that when the results come back in 10 days, we will know the sex of the baby! It will be so weird to know the sex so early in the pregnancy, but exciting! I will update when we do get the results back and let you know that everything went well! We do have our names picked out already, so when we find out the sex, I will post the name! Here is a picture of me at 10 weeks.

1 comment:

Mrs. F said...

First~ You are adorable!

Second~ I vote for Chelsea or Carter (what do you mean you did not ask??? Sorry, no more unsolicited advice from me)

Third~ God does NOT give us more than we can handle, so no matter the outcome, just know that you can handle it. You are a strong woman! Good luck with your test! Prayers and positive thoughts:)